Schools Sharing Good Practice
Loudmouth - "My Mate Fancies You", Theatre in education programme on puberty and transitions
Loudmouth is an educational theatre company that specialises in RSE and safeguarding work. They are celebrating their 25th birthday this year and have been running programmes on puberty since their beginning, in 1994!
‘My Mate Fancies You’ teaches about the range of physical and emotional changes that take place in the adolescent body during puberty as well as looking at the transition between primary and secondary school.
The programme uses a fun and informative drama plus discussion workshop to help children and young people understand transitions and puberty (including the menstrual cycle), reassure them that it is normal and not something to worry about and advise them where to go for support.
Evaluation has shown that this programme has increased children and young people’s knowledge of where to go for support and increased their awareness of, and ability to cope with, the changes that take place during puberty.
“Reaches the parts of pubescent experience that most personal and social education doesn't reach.” Times Educational Supplement
- Alderman Richard Hallam Primary
- Beaumont Lodge Primary School
- Braunstone Frith Primary School
- Caldecote Community Primary School
- Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Crown Hills Community College
- Ellesmere College
- Forest Lodge Academy
- Heatherbrook Primary Academy
- Inglehurst Junior School
- King Richard III Infant and Nursery School
- Mayflower Primary School
- Mellor Community Primary School
- Rowlatts Hill Primary Academy
- Sparkenhoe Primary School
- Spinney Hill Primary School
- St Patrick's Primary School
- St Thomas More Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Willow Bank School
- Wolsey House Primary School